Commercial Law/Litigation Clerk
Law Works PC (Ontario)/Law Works LC (British Columbia), is a small boutique law firm with expertise in franchise and commercial disputes. Our practice is in Ontario, British Columbia and other western provinces. We also have a growing continuing professional development (CPD) components through which we provide CPD teaching to the legal profession.
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented commercial law and litigation clerk. As a Commercial Law/Litigation Clerk, you will play a crucial role in assisting our legal team in various aspects of our practice.
This is a full-time position. We will also consider qualified applicants for a part-time position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- assist lawyers in preparing legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, and contracts;
- review and summarize case files, depositions, and other legal documents;
- file court documents;
- assist lawyers in drafting franchise disclosure documents and other franchise documents;
- manage and organize legal documents and files;
- perform administrative tasks, such as electronic filing, scheduling appointments, and managing correspondence;
- collaborate with the legal team and clients to provide timely and accurate updates on case progress;
- support lawyers in preparation for court hearings and trials, and
- assist in the preparation and delivery of our CPD programs.
To excel in this position, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- minimum of two years of experience working as a Law Clerk or Paralegal in a Canadian commercial law and litigation firm;
- strong knowledge of commercial legal terminology and procedures and litigation/court procedures;
- excellent research, writing, and analytical skills;
- proficiency in technology and software, including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, and Box;
- exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- strong communication and interpersonal abilities, and
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We will also consider qualified applicants for a part-time position.
Why Join Us:
- Professional Growth: You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced lawyers and further develop your skills in commercial litigation and franchise law.
- Challenging Work: You will be involved in diverse legal matters, ensuring that each day brings new and engaging challenges.
- Positive Environment: Our team is supportive and collaborative, creating a great work atmosphere.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and a flexible work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5A 3P1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Law Clerk Diploma
- law clerk: 5 years
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto
Interested candidates please send your CV to email@example.com.